It was believed to be founded in the year 1870 by the pioneer family settlers in its valleys and plains.
The name Bisocol came to the limelight when an aged villager put up a “bahay kubo” (nipa hut) on a meadow overlooking his farm. The floor of his hut was elevated just above the ground level. The fields were abundant with the delicious chambered nautilus commonly called “bisocol.” After eating its meat, he dropped the empty shells on one of the corners of his hut, where it piled up unnoticed.
When the Spanish missionaries came, they asked about the huge pile of shells they found under the hut. Glancing at the shells referred to, the old man told them that the shiny spiral-figured thing is “bisocol.” And from that time on, the village was named Barangay Bisocol.