During the Spanish regime, Barangay Palamis was a part of Barangay Poblacion. In 1896, the revolution broke out and Gen. Juan dela Cruz “Palaris” of San Carlos, Pangasinan came to Alaminos with his men. and camped near Tococ river. His purpose of coming is to attack the Spanish Tribunal stationed at Alaminos. The local leaders advised him that they could handle attacking the Spaniards by themselves. So, the General withdrew his troops and return to his hometown passing through an unnamed mountain of Sual, which was later named in his honor.
Palaris became a sitio of Alaminos. However, due to a clerical error, the name was misspelled “Palamis” instead of “Palaris.” In 1969 Palamis was created as a Barangay by virtue of Proclamation No. 964.