Barrio to Pueblo
They resettled in a land fronting the island of Alo and named it Casborran, (now Barangay Baleyadaan). They brought their belongings by boat and built permanent structures including the church, the convent and a casa tribunal.
Casborran rapidly grew into a progressive community and has established commercial relationship with Chinese merchants and neighboring towns. This thriving economy enticed other settlers from Eastern Pangasinan. The group from Dagupan, led by Don Andres Ballesteros and his son Diego, and those from Lingayen led by Don Francisco Aquino and Jose Garcia, helped in the building and expansion of Barrio Casborran. While a ship building industry emerged in Lingayen, boat building thrived in Casborran.
In 1744, The settlers submitted a petition to the Spanish government for the barrio to be reclassified into the full status of a town, independent of its mother town, now Bolinao. The request was granted three (3) years later, in 1747. Subsequently, town leaders sought for its own parish priest.
With Casborran's rapid growth and increase in population, a power sharing agreement between the founding clan of Suyang and the first migrants from Dagupan and Lingayen was formed. The two clans agreed to rule the town alternately, such that when the town chief was a Zambal, his deputy had to be a Pangasinense and vice versa and this form of government worked for the town and it enjoyed peace and harmony between the clans for a time.
However, this was broken in 1758 when a Zambal leader from the Suyang clan refused to step down to make way for Pangasinense's turn, in the person of Don Antonio Nicolas. Disappointed, he and his followers left Casborran and settled in areas now known as Barangays Pocal-pocal and Tanaytay. However, his followers abandoned him and trickled back to Casborran. Embittered, this led him to to seek help from Palaris, head of a rebel group in San Carlos City. Palaris and his men raided Casborran under cover of darkness, burning the church, the town hall and residences, and looting. The survivors fled in all directions, some lived temporarily on the banks of Bued River, others to Balsaan along the Embarcadero bridge. Many of these former inhabitants returned to the charred ruins of the town, w/c they called 'baleyadaan' or 'old town'.